[kicad-users] 3D Models from manufacturer
Brendan Simon Brendan@BrendanSimon.com [kicad-users]
2018-08-03 00:32:38 UTC
Is it ok to contribute 3D models from manufacturer website to the kicad
repo?

Or can only self authored models be maintained in the repo? (I am not 3D
CAD person)

i.e. Can I create pull requests for the kicad 3D model repo with models
I have downloaded from the manufacturer's website or from free download
sites (e.g. 3DContentCentral, UltraLibrarian, SnapEDA, etc) ?
Andy Eskelson andyyahoo@g0poy.co.uk [kicad-users]
2018-08-03 09:44:29 UTC
Technically no, (unless it is explicitly stated by the manaf. that you
can.)

Basically you will run into all sorts of copyright issues. So just post a
link.

Even self authored images should come with an explicit statement that
they can be freely copied. (In much the same way that the GPL/GNU
licenses do for open source software)

Andy