[kicad-users] OpenGL not found
Danilo Uccelli danucc@gmail.com [kicad-users]
2018-08-23 15:00:16 UTC
Hello everybody,

In my fresh install of "Linux Mint Mate 19", I installed Kicad 5.0.0 stable
release but it seems I cannot work with pcbnew in mode F11.
The error message I get is : "OpenGL 2.1 or higher is required!"

But if I type the below command in a terminal, the OpenGL seems OK :

***@pc-du2:~$ glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version string"
OpenGL version string: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.106

....and glxgears run perfectly with about 60 fps

What I missed ?

Thank you in advance for any idea.
Danilo
ik5pws ik5pws@tin.it [kicad-users]
2018-08-23 18:20:49 UTC
Hi Danilo, i have the same issue,Not solved at this moment.Just a question, are you able to have 3d rendering?
Thanks

Stefano PucciIk5pws
-------- Messaggio originale --------Da: "Danilo Uccelli ***@gmail.com [kicad-users]" <kicad-***@yahoogroups.com> Data: 23/08/18 17:00 (GMT+01:00) A: kicad-***@yahoogroups.com Oggetto: [kicad-users] OpenGL not found

Pedro Martin pkicad@yahoo.es [kicad-users]
2018-08-23 20:23:38 UTC
It seems there is an issue with opengl and nvidia cards.

https://forum.kicad.info/t/v5-0-0-rc2-opengl-not-detected-ubuntu-18-04/11318/9

I cannot test if the workaround works.

Regards,
Pedro.
Danilo
Danilo Uccelli danucc@gmail.com [kicad-users]

Danilo
mail@s-light.eu [kicad-users]
2018-08-24 17:31:23 UTC
great you already found the topic at the forum.
just you link also the matching bug-report:

PCBnew OpenGL 2.1 or higher is required
https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1781581 https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1781581

and great to hear that the workaround is also working for you :-)

sunny greetings
stefan

ik5pws@tin.it [kicad-users]
2018-08-24 05:47:53 UTC