[kicad-users] Kicad 5: Where is "footprint mode" button?
P N pascal.ggl@gmail.com [kicad-users]
2018-07-28 13:39:56 UTC

I have updated to KiCad 5 and so far things work well. However, in PCBnew,
I do not manage to "lock" the reference and value fields to the footprint.
When moving components, I regularly move these fields instead of the entire
footprint.

AFAIR, there used to be a button to lock these, but I cannot find it in
KiCad 5.

Thanks for any hint
Pedro Martin pkicad@yahoo.es [kicad-users]
2018-07-28 17:55:19 UTC

I don't remember to have lock options for reference and value.
Maybe you are now using Opengl mode (F11) instead of legacy mode (F9).

In Opengl mode it is a little more difficult to select the footprint.
Sometimes one clicks on the reference, on the value or on a pad.

Try to click on other places inside the footprint to select the whole
footprint.

Cheers,
Pedro.
Hi,