[kicad-users] Real use of multi wrl
anthos1984@yahoo.co.id [kicad-users]
2018-06-08 22:38:53 UTC
So for PDIP+IC we just need IC.wrl and PDIP_socket.wrl and combine it on model properties. OK, I got it.

Before, I draw 2 models and combine it on wings and export it as single wrl.

I just think it use it for , example, LED with different color. And I can switch the model using assignment on PCBnew

---In kicad-***@yahoogroups.com, <***@...> wrote :

Hi,

There are many cases where more than one 3D model are needed for a
single footprint.
For example, a transistor and its heatsink or a chip with a socket.

Even in a more realistic model, the transistor, the heatsink, the screw,
the nut and the washer...

Regards,
Pedro.