Components missing in position file
burnsrobbie-/E1597aS9LT10XsdtD+oqA@public.gmane.org [kicad-users]
2014-10-02 20:13:08 UTC
Hi
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here.

I have a couple of recent designs that have been modifications of existing Kicad projects.

I have gone through from schematic to PCB Gerber files quite sucessfully. (I am used to the process now having completed a dozen PCBs).

As usual I created the position file for the sub contract manufacturer but they found there were components missing. (Theseb are both 4 layer boards)

I checked the .pos file and they are correct. The Gerber files look right, the PCB design rule checker is happy and there appear to be no netlist errors. So can anyone tell me what is happening please?

I'm running on Linux Mint 32 bit Nadia. Build (2012-apr-16-27)-stable wxWidgets 2.8.12

Has anyone else experienced this? How did you get around it please?

Robbie Burns
burnsrobbie-/E1597aS9LT10XsdtD+oqA@public.gmane.org [kicad-users]
2014-10-02 20:21:54 UTC
Fixed!
I forgot to update the attributes of the footprint to Normal + Insert!

Working just fine now but that is too easy to forget.

Robbie